Thursday, August 5, 2010

Saying goodbye

I just finished packing my bag and it's about 10 after 3 on Friday morning. We have an hour befor we head to the airport so I just wanted to write down a few things before I start the returning process.
First of all...THANK YOU for all of your prayers and support throughout this life-changing experience. This trip has been so different from what I ever could have imagined and I praise God for that. I have learned and grown so much and I can't wait to spring into action when I get home (even though I have no idea what that "action" might look like, haha).
David Bordner asked me to describe my trip in 3 words if I could...Unexpected, life-changing, and beautiful. Unexpected because the Lord met me in ways I never could have dreamed, life-changing because, well, my life is changed! And beautiful because how else can I describe the people that I have encountered here? I am looking forward to being home, but I am honestly at the point where I want to stay. I have built such great friendships and I finally feel like a part of a community/family and I just want to stay and soak in that. I love this country with all my heart and I think the hardest part about leaving is not knowing when I will be back.

I have been think about Slovenia ever since Ben Izzard talked about the 2 week missions trip about 2 years ago. I've been focused on Slo for so long so now what should I focus on Lord? I know He will show me in time and I totally trust His plan; it's just hard because I do feel so connected to this country. So please be patient with me when I return. It's going to be a process:) See you all soon! Thank you again for all your love, prayers, and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment