Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Halfway there

Hello everyone! Hope you all are doing well:)

I am halfway done with the last camp and it's been a great week! I have moments when I get frustrated and annoyed but that is to be expected after a crazy 2 weeks:) God, as always, has given me strength each day to make it through. I have had a lot of fun with each of our rowdy kids and I love seeing their smiling faces throughout the day.

I wont deny that my attitude has been kinda poopy lately and, even though I didn't like that mind-set, I was stuck in it. Then Heather and I got a chance to talk with Kari and Amy and I was greatly encouraged by them. We also had a few hours of debrief time with the Spokane team and it was great to see them one more time before they left. And while I was getting ready this morning, God brought back a very important memory. It was from back when I was concerned that Slovenia might not be His plan for me. Through that struggle I realized that it doesn't matter where I am as long as I'm serving the Lord. This is something I have been struggling with at the kids camp. I have been feeling like my skills could be used better by spending time with and building relationships with older kids that are really wrestling with the whole "Jesus thing." But God reminded me that it doesn't matter where I am, as long as I am serving Him. DUH!! I am so annoyed with myself for being so selfish and hard-headed. Lord forgive me! I have been blessed with the chance to love these kids and be a light to them at an early age. Almost all Slovenes never get that chance. What a beautiful opportunity for me, thank you Father! I may be tired and sweaty all day but I know the Lord wants me here and I feel SO honored and humbled by that. Hvala Gosposd, pojem alelujia! (Thank you Lord, I sing hallelujiah!)

I am so excited to continue working here, but I am also very homesick. Please pray that it would not get in the way of my job here:) Thank you! LOVE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment